+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Handbook to Rare Spawn Creatures of Telara

I'm still a firm believer in server resets. After the patch yesterday, my hunting partner and me found the last three that she needed for the achievement. I just need Myron now.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeezha View Post
    I'm still a firm believer in server resets. After the patch yesterday, my hunting partner and me found the last three that she needed for the achievement. I just need Myron now.
    Server resets are good, simply because everything is wiped for timers. Every spawn has a cool off after kill, I expect the cool off to be not only different for different mobs but a randomly generated time (within parameters) just as the chance to spawn appears to be once the cool off is over.

On server restart, nothing is in a cool off period so the chances of any particular spawn appearing are a lot higher. There appears to nearly always be ~3 random rares who will pop in EI with or near as damn with the server coming up. Seen 4 up at the same time (without killing any) so far.

Now, Kleon and Hyro, get your arses spawned, kthx.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

I've been looking for these rare spawns for weeks:

Scarbite
    Millrush Moonstalker
    Gnarl Nighthunter
    Lunar Shadestalker
    Scald
    The Predator
    Razorfang
    Aelfwar Emmisary
    Blackblood Drake
    Swirling Tempest
    Frosthide
    Arctic Peakstalker
    Arumal the Screecher
    Spineclaw
    Taziel Kanur
    Jom Turner

I hope to find them sometime soon! I want this achivement done

Found Xaksha, Stalker of the Grove and emmisary Kavenik last night, and Razormane, Mad hogger, Experimental War Golem and Thagrux the Unclean a few nights before that!

Soulwalker

just ran into a dead Hyro at 13371, 4281

Found Hiro up with the lark this morning.

Funny thing, swapped spec and buffed up ready to pull. There's a water rift right next to him, not knowing whether he has a heal to DPS through or not, my plan was to stun him then run around the rift so he'd run through the mobs, DPS help while I tank him.

Just before I open on him, a figure appeared behind me, just as I stun him a figure appears behind him and tries to tag him. So my tagged mob is now attacking one of them. They are both other faction.

So I taunt him back and I'm tanking away at him when they pull off and the two of them just stand there. Please yourself, meh.

I think they are waiting for me to wipe, that's just not going to happen, even if I he has an @60% heal, I can go on infinitely. I get through the 60% mark, no heal, only mechanic is a little squirrel for 2 secs, no worries.

Then the dynamic duo appear to run off, only to come from behind me with the whole rift and run through me, lol, this ain't Aion, the only mob training that works is if I'm using AoE and everything I'm doing is single/self target. So they end up a little up the hill fighting the full rift. I just re-positioned Hyro so the next stage didn't aggro me.

So they are still stood there trying to think of another cunning plan, I've got him down to ~40% and it's in the bag. They prolly got a bit excited when they saw my health plummet to ~30%, reason was though, I'm typing in /say "You do know you just need to dmg for credit, not tag or group" (I'm a one finger typist, typing while tanking is not my strong point). There's a bit of a pause from them until I heal back to full, then the one who as yet has not damaged the mob jumps into action, followed by the other.

Hyro down, /say "Daft Buggers".

Community eh?
    Last edited by Anuhart; 12-01-2011 at 12:17 AM.

I don't log in anymore.

Typical, go off to do crafting daily then resign myself to camp Kleon, last one, return already set to his loc.

Go to SS to hand in daily, "Oh! An air rift, could be my lucky day for epic Yule mount" No such luck, port to Kleon, hit macro to target Kleon with a smidge of hp left which instantly turns to a dead Kleon. /sigh.

I don't log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeezha View Post
    I just need Myron now.
    Myron just popped..15 mins before reset. Thank you once again, mighty forum Genie. 20/20.

Tricksy and Thome were up after server hotfix this morning. Just need Anato and Tephra.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Rift Master

Default Tricksy

Still hunting Tricksy, 2 server resets this week and still nothing at his spawn point. I'm parked on the rock ledge directly above him so no aggro from the fire elemental. Alt-Tab over every 5 mins from work and home and no luck yet.

10 to go:

Blackblood drake
    Swirling tempest
    Frosthide
    Jom Turner
    Taziel Kanur
    Scarbite
    Scald
    Lunar Shadestalker
    Aelfwar Emissary
    Razorfang

>_<' This is so annoying i just want it over with.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #686
    Rift Team

Great thread, you guys are awesome!

Oh this would make a great addon. Rare spawn locations ....not sure if there is one already I will go search around and get back to you
    Have you ever wanted to?

Did not take a long time

Quote Originally Posted by stphung View Post
    RareDar helps you track and locate rare mobs that are in your proximity.

Curse - http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/raredar
    RiftUI - http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info127-RareDar.html
    GitHub - https://github.com/stphung/raredar

TODO List as of 10/30/2011(https://github.com/stphung/raredar/issues)
    • Add sounds when it's possible!
    • Improve our searching working towards a 1.0 release as the Rift Addon API matures.
    I have sent in the link to this thread in hopes it might help the dev further
    Have you ever wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    Did not take a long time

I have sent in the link to this thread in hopes it might help the dev further
    Yeah they are trying but hands are tied with the limitations of the API.

Raredar only works on target/mouse over. As yet there is no possible way to scan the area.

There is also the problem of false positives as it uses names, i.e. Silverwood Werewolf is just Werewolf and will therefor go off when you target/mouse over any mob named werewolf, Swirling Tempest in IPP shares its name with invasion mobs in SS so another false positive there.

I did suggest a zone check but don't know if it's possible. That would disclude Swirling Tempest hitting in SS, but as Silverwood Werewolf also pops in Gloamwood, where you would get Werewolf false possitives, it wouldn't help there.

For now, a macro spam is the easiest way, also EI rares carry a rift quest with them so you have that notification on screen if close.

Raredar is in fact useful though, in that you can often forget your macro spam/have the wrong zone macro loaded and get a nice surprise when raredar notifies you on a mouse over or quick tab through.

My version stopped working with 1.6, it will pick up on a rare in the old world but rather than notify you it fills your chat with errors so you still notice. That said, there is probably an updated version that I need to get.

Rest assured though, that when/if the API is extended to allow raredar to do more, these guys will be on it, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 12-04-2011 at 10:53 AM.

I don't log in anymore.

Soulwalker

Default Down to two...best camp spots?

I am down to two.

Stalker of the Grove and Mad Hogger.

I could use suggestions as to what the best camp spots are.

For Stalker I am sitting at the downed tree bridge, just north of the Gnarlwood Post so I can watch the whole bridge and into the Grove of Ancients a bit. I haven't sat by the stump in Gnarlwood as there always seems to be a Guardian who will circle the tree and kill everything for hours on end. No idea why, but if the Stalker spawns anywhere but right in front of me, chances are they get a shot first.

For Mad Hogger, I camp Mages Mark parts pile, but am wondering if the first cave in the Howling Caves is better? I will likely leave this one for last.

Any suggestions would be helpful and as someone said previously, I just want this over with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast