Welcome to the official RIFT™ Community!
These forums are the place for the official RIFT™ Community to come together to exchange information, get the latest news, share
community-created content, interact with the RIFT Community and Development Teams, and discuss the game RIFT with other members of the community.
We are committed to making this a fun, diverse, and welcoming environment for all RIFT community members and guests. With that goal in mind, we have
expect our community members to follow. Violating any of these rules can lead to disciplinary action, including but not limited to the permanent closure of
your RIFT forum account. Enforcement and application of these rules will be at the sole discretion of Trion World, Inc. and authorized members of the RIFT
Community Management Team.
existing rules and guidelines. Please note that these rules may change at any time at the sole discretion of Trion Worlds, Inc. or the RIFT Community
Forums Code of Conduct
- Advertising: If you have a fan site or a guild site, by all means let the RIFT community know about it, but advertisements
and promotions that are unrelated to RIFT do not belong on our forums. This includes promoting other games, outside services, and anything that would net you
- Bashing and Defamatory Comments: Please do not bash other individuals, groups, guilds, or even other companies on our
forums. Doing so is not constructive, and we do not feel this is in the spirit of our game or community.
- Calling Out Others in Thread Titles: Please do not create threads with titles that are directed at specific members of the
RIFT Development Team or community. These threads will be closed, removed, or at very least the thread title edited to remove the individual's name.
- Constructive Criticism: We do want to hear your thoughts on RIFT, and even welcome negative or critical feedback, but please
be mindful of how you post criticism. If you’ve got criticism or suggestions about the game, tell us about it, but be as constructive and respectful as
possible. We really do want your feedback!
- Copyrighted Names and Material: We cannot allow copyright protected names on our forums. Copyrighted names are generally
well known original character names from books, movies, or games. Also, we do not allow discussion about illegal distribution or use of copyrighted material,
such as private game servers.
- Cursing and Profanity: We do not allow cursing or profanity on our forums, and do have a profanity filter in place for that
very reason. Please do not purposefully circumvent our forum profanity filter or otherwise curse or use profanity on our forums.
- Demands and Threats: It’s okay to make requests and suggestions on our forums, but we do not feel it is constructive to make
demands or threats. Real-life threat of violence, especially, are taken very seriously and not tolerated on our forums.
- Discussing Disciplinary Actions: We understand that sometimes people may have questions or concerns about a moderation
disciplinary action, or wish to appeal a warning or infraction. We’re happy to discuss and review specific moderation actions, but we ask that you please
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to do so. We do not allow discussion of specific moderation actions on our
forums. Also, please remember to be respectful to the RIFT Moderation Team. They are doing their best to make your experience on the official RIFT forums a
great one. If you have questions or concerns about an in-game disciplinary action, please email for email@example.com suspensions or bans, and GM_Feedback@trionworlds.com for any
other GM/CS feedback. We cannot assist with in-game violations on the forums.
- Flaming: It’s acceptable to disagree and debate a topic, but we ask that you keep disagreements civil, constructive and on-
topic. Debate and discuss the post content and discussion topic, and refrain from personal comments about those participating in the thread.
- God Modding: We recognize and encourage the use of role-playing within our community; however, it is not okay to force
someone's character into situations they have not agreed to. If you wish to write a story about, or role-play with, another person's character, we ask that
you get permission from that individual first. Failure to do this is considered “God Modding” and is not allowed within the RIFT forums.
- Goodbye/Quitting Threads: Goodbye/quitting threads rarely end well, so we do have a policy of reading the feedback in them
and closing them.
- Hate Speech: Hate speech is defined as hateful or prejudice comments, slurs, or statements promoting intolerance directed at
others based on their culture, race, gender, religion, lifestyle, or any other personally identifying factors. We promote a welcoming atmosphere for all in
the official RIFT community, and do not tolerate hate speech.
- Have fun!: The official RIFT forums These forums are a friendly place with a lot of really great players,
and we’re glad you’ve chosen to spend time with us.
- Impersonation: Impersonating a Trion employee or anyone else (such as another community member or a celebrity) is strictly
forbidden. Impersonation includes, but is not limited to using official avatars, misleading signatures and signature files, and posts claiming you are
someone who you are not. We take impersonation attempts very seriously.
- Inappropriate Content: Some topics have no place on our forums because they are volatile, obscene, vulgar, illegal or simply
inappropriate. This includes, but is not limited to topics about religion, politics, pornography and other sexually explicit topics, illegal substances and
activities, tasteless material, and copyright-protected material to which you do not own the rights (piracy). These same guidelines also apply to signatures
and signature files.
- Malicious Links: Please do not post malicious links on our forums. This includes browser hijackers, key-loggers, links to
pornographic material, and links to platinum seller/power-leveling service sites, and private server sites.
- Naming and Shaming: We do not allow “naming and shaming” posts or threads on our forums. “Naming and shaming” is the act of
publicly naming someone and accusing them of something, or ridiculing them. We feel that these posts and threads can be greatly abused and very harmful to
the community. We also don't feel that publicly calling out or accusing others by name on our forums is in spirit of the game or our community. As with plat
sellers, please report these individuals in-game via the Support Center interface.
- New Community Members: Please be kind, considerate, and helpful to those who are new to the RIFT community, and remember
that we were all new here once. We want everyone to feel welcome and safe here.
- Petitions and Polls: We do not allow petitions or community-created polls on our forums. The reason for this is we do not
feel that either encourage a meaningful or constructive discussion since they promote replies that simply say “/signed” or answer a list of questions. In
place of a petition, we recommend presenting something as a request or a suggestion so that the entire community can discuss it. It’s also okay to present
questions in your first post, but we ask that you don’t call it a poll.
- Posting in the Appropriate Area: Please do your best to post threads in the correct area of the forums. Any threads that are
posted in the incorrect area will be moved with an expiring redirect attached to them. We all want to have our threads seen, and posting them in the proper
section is the best way to make sure that happens. Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in multiple areas of the forum or cross-posting in an
attempt to gain further views or replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate threads will be removed.
- Rude Comments and Abusive Language: We understand that sometimes people get upset, but resorting to rude comments or abusive
language is something we will not tolerate, be it something that is directed at another community member, or a Trion employee.
our forums. We also ask that you please do not discuss the selling or trading of any game account on our forums, since this is typically a violation for any
- Spamming: Please do not post spam on our forums. Spam and the act of spamming includes posting the same message more than
once, posting messages with no real content, posting messages or images large enough to disrupt the normal flow of conversation and reposting material that
has been deleted by a member of the Community Team.
- Spreading False Info About Trion: We do not tolerate the deliberate and malicious spreading of false info about Trion.
Everyone makes mistakes, and that is not what this is referring to, but going out of your way to spread harmful or malicious rumors about Trion or RIFT is
never okay to do on our forums.
- Thread Bumping: Please do not bump threads simply for the sake of bumping them. This is considered spam since it does not
add to the discussion in a constructive or meaningful way. We understand that everyone wants to keep their discussion active and visible, but we encourage
you to post meaningful and constructive content instead of “Bump!” posts.
- Trolling or Baiting: Trolling is defined as something that is posted for shock value, to provoke conflict, or to elicit a
strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is not
acceptable. If you don't have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we recommend you refrain from posting in that one and find another
discussion to participate in instead.
- Use the Search Function: Please help us keep discussions as consolidated as possible by using the search function before you
create a thread to see if there is already an ongoing discussion about the topic you’re interested in talking about.
- When in Doubt, Ask!: If you’re not sure whether or not something’s acceptable, please feel free to PM a moderator with your
question before you post. We’re here to help!
The rules above cover 98% of situations that we will run across on our forums, and the other 2% are left to Community Team’s discretion. If we feel
that anything in a post is inappropriate for our forums, for any reason, we do reserve the right to take appropriate actions for the overall good of the RIFT
community, even if it's not specifically mentioned in our forum Code of Conduct. In a nutshell, please be respectful, constructive, and civil at all times
while on the official RIFT forums.
As mentioned above, we will be monitoring the forums daily to read your feedback, suggestions, ideas, and to interact with you, but also to ensure
that our forum community is a civil, constructive, and safe place for all our members. The Code of Conduct above is a good guideline for your activity here,
so we ask that you please do your best to abide by it. In the event that we have a question about something that one of our community members has posted, or
if someone has violated the Code of Conduct, we will get in touch with you. The bottom line is that material deemed offensive, illegal, or inappropriate in
any way will be removed at the sole discretion of Trion Worlds, and can lead to disciplinary action on your account, including possible suspension or
banning, or account closure, if the circumstances warrant it.
Remember, we’re all here to discuss RIFT and have a good time!